My name is Zhihan Zhang (张智涵). I am a second-year Ph.D. student in Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Notre Dame, advised by Dr. Meng Jiang. I am currently a member of Dr. Jiang’s Data Mining towards Decision Making (DM2) Lab. Before that, I received my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science at Peking University. My research interests fall primarily in the area of knowledge-enhanced NLP and question answering (QA).
For my past education and research experience, please refer to Experience. For the full list of my publications, please refer to Publications.
- May 2023: One co-authored paper on text retrieval using large language models was accepted by Findings of ACL 2023!
- Apr 2023: One first-authored paper on studying the contrast consistency in open-domain QA was accepted by TACL!
- Apr 2023: I am joining Snapchat Research as a full-time research intern this summer! I will work with Dr. Francesco Barbieri from the User Modeling & Personalization Group.
- Jan 2023: One first-authored survey on multi-task learning in NLP was accepted by EACL 2023!
- Jan 2023: I am joining Microsoft Research as a part-time intern this spring! I will work with Dr. Shuohang Wang and Dr. Chenguang Zhu from the Azure Cognitive Services Research group.
- Oct 2022: One first-authored paper on pre-training a unified NLP framework with entity memory and one co-authored paper on a unified retrieval-augmented framework for commonsense reasoning were accepted by EMNLP 2022!
- Email: zzhang23 [at] nd.edu
- Office: 355 Fitzpatrick Hall of Engineering
- Location: University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556